get rid of CPU Debugger window in Delphi 5

eric.h

Apr 3, 2001, 4:00:30 PM4/3/01
ok, for some reason Delphi 5 decided to start showing the CPU debugger
window everytime i hit run. now. this is very annoying. heh.in order to
actually test it from inside delphi i have to keep hitting run constantly to
get it to return contorl to my program

im using Win2k and Delphi 5.

uhm, how do i get rid of it entirely. please.

Mikew

Apr 3, 2001, 5:33:25 PM4/3/01
IMHO this is a problem with Delphi 5 and Win2k. This absolutely drove
me insane that I very relunctantly gave up Win2k for WinME. There
are some real bogus fixes you will find posted around the internet
about the number of colors being displayed and they are .... well... bogus.

If you ever find a solution this this PLEASE POST IT HERE.
I am holding my breath on Delphi 6 upgrade for this one fix, but I
don't even think Borland has acknowledged this as a bug yet.

Reddy Palle

Apr 3, 2001, 11:54:52 PM4/3/01

"eric.h" <w...@woo.com> wrote in message
> ok, for some reason Delphi 5 decided to start showing the CPU debugger
> window everytime i hit run. now. this is very annoying. heh.in order to
> actually test it from inside delphi i have to keep hitting run constantly
> get it to return contorl to my program

Eric,
This is height of irritation :(. I do this everyday 50 times atleast.
Now the reason given for Delphi debugger window comeimg up is (as the
folklore goes ;)) that, there are some breakpoints set in the Windows DLLs
(in Win2k SP1). You can find out which component or unit is the offending
DLL and replace or try fixing it.

Enjoy the ride.

-- Reddy Palle.

David Taylor

Apr 4, 2001, 3:18:56 AM4/4/01
There's a small fix been published for this - I'll e-mail it to you.

Justin Pitts

Apr 4, 2001, 8:22:12 AM4/4/01
could you post it to attachments?

David Taylor

Apr 4, 2001, 8:24:12 AM4/4/01
OK, but it's not my work. It is properly acknowledged within.

"Justin Pitts" <jpi...@cnstores.com> wrote in message

Mikew

Apr 4, 2001, 10:08:15 AM4/4/01
Did 'the fix' work ?

Dennis Passmore

Apr 5, 2001, 10:29:58 AM4/5/01
This file can now be downloaded from Borland Codecentral - section
"Delphi Binaries" - snippet ID #15804

Dennis

Clyde Tilley

Apr 15, 2001, 2:38:43 AM4/15/01
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I have spent several hours trying to find out why the CPU window comes up
every time i excute the OpenDialog. Your pathc fixed it! All work well now.

Thx a trillion!

Clyde

"Dennis Passmore" <dennis_...@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message